In this post, we will go over how Docker manages data on your host and how you can leverage it in your day-to-day work.
After reading this post you should understand:
Continue reading “Docker: volumes – how and when to use”
- Distinguish between two types of data: Volatile and Persistent
- When should you choose one over the other
- Real world examples on when to choose which
Docker has been with us many years now and quickly became a dominant technology.
In this post, we will explain the benefits of using Docker and how it can speed up your development.
This post will be divided into three main topics:
- What is Docker? – a quick introduction to Docker and the problem it solved.
- Why should we use Docker? – concrete reasons why you would benefit from using Docker in your day-to-day work.
- Usage example:
- Setting up a Postgres database in seconds
- Setting up (and accessing) a CentOS machine in seconds
Continue reading “Docker: how to speed up your development”